Saturday, December 27, 2008

New Years Resolution?

I've decided to copy Shauna entirely: I'm going to try and post a poem a day here, regardless of revision or taste. Here here.


The Puddle is Habitat to Many Creatures

We burst the prison
of a tiny afternoon.
I clapped on my galoshes,
She clapped off the pinwheel:
it's still there, just rolling in the dirt.
People think we're lazy, but they don't know
the electrolysis of mud.
My grandmother used to say
there were frog's legs in her bones.
When we laid her in the grave,
there was a spark;
a thousand toads leaped out,
and the family feasted.

Breast-stroke through the mud;
we oscillate between the hermit
crab and a bottle of barbeque sauce.

1 comment:

  1. i love that you spelled "barbeque" with a Q
    i love galoshes
    i love electrolysis
    i love grandma's coqui
    i love how everything is important
    i love roberto titles
    i love this poem
    i can't wait to creep on you every day of my life

    ReplyDelete